Thursday, December 13, 2012

What We Talk about When We Talk about Blogs... again


Since my gmail account was hacked and then deleted I have re-done my first blog post for my new blog! J

Template- Since it is my first time blogging I had to choose something easy enough for me to understand and navigate. I ended up choosing the water mark template because it seemed simple and didn’t look half bad. My goal was to end up with a blog that really reflected my personality that I could successfully operate and the water mark template seemed to be the best choice.

Color- Who doesn’t love pink? It’s a fun color that isn’t so bright it hurts to look at and isn’t too dark so you can still see everything alright. I’m not a formal person at all and didn’t want a design that yells “I’m only doing this for a grade” but instead something that was interesting for my very first blog experience. The design is cute and girly that just makes it an amusing page to look at and hopefully the fun design brings a smile to everyone’s face.  The only thing it’s missing now is some glitter!

Font- “Cherry Cream Soda” is the font I choose for the title and I would be lying if I said I didn’t love the name. It’s big and easy to read and I like the way it looks. For the rest of the blog I choose the simple font “Georgia” because it’s easy to read and doesn’t look to flashy.

Pages- the only other page I included was an about me page. It just includes some general information about me so people can get to know me a little better if they feel like reading it.  I made it a separate page because I personally think it looks cluttered when it’s in the side margin and this way people don’t have to see it if they don’t want to.

Title- My original blogs title was Art Smarts!, because it was enthusiastic, exciting, and kept with the fun theme.  I was hoping to gain some new “art smarts” entering the class because I really didn’t know much about art. After my gmail account was hacked and I had to make a new blog I decided to stay with the name to keep it simple but just added the “Improved” since it was my new and improved blog.

Links- I didn’t include any links mostly because I’m still trying to figure out how to use blogger. Maybe once I’m a little more comfortable with it and know how to use it I’ll include some links to some fun stuff, but until then no links.


I love my blog! It’s pink, fun, enthusiastic, and exciting! I think it reflects me in the way it’s kinda girly. Building the blog was a lot harder than I expected and I think that may just be because I have never made one before. With blogging I’m expecting to gain more knowledge of the arts and improve my writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment